Welcome to HOPE4BATH 2022. We are pleased that you have joined us. We do not wish to convey by the title of the website that we are only interested in reaching out to the residents of the city of Bath in the UK. A more appropriate title might be, HOPE FROM BATH. The meditations that we seek to share with you are based on the Bible, where God’s message of HOPE is for all men and women, everywhere!
The word ‘WHOEVER’ appears over two hundred times in the Bible and is often used to highlight the all-embracing nature of God’s plan for the salvation of mankind. We will begin this year, therefore, by quoting some of the times in the Bible, when it is employed in this way:
- ‘For WHOEVER calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved’, Romans chapter 10 verse 13.
- ‘WHOEVER believes on Him will not be put to shame’, Romans chapter 10 verse 11.
- ‘WHOEVER believes in Him will receive remission of sins’, Acts chapter 10 verse 43.
- ‘And it shall come to pass that WHOEVER calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved’, Acts chapter 2 verse 21.
- ‘For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHOEVER believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life’, John chapter 3 verse 16.
It is clear, therefore, that no one is excluded from receiving God’s salvation. The hymn writer, Philip Bliss, was encouraged by D L Moody to become ‘a singing evangelist’ in the United States. One of his best known gospel hymns contains the words:
WHOSOEVER heareth, shout, shout the sound!
Spread the blessed tidings all the world around;
Tell the joyful news, wherever man (or woman) is found,
WHOSOEVER will may come.