Although it is impossible to be certain, it has been estimated that the number of human beings ever born is probably around 107 billion. One particular chapter in the Bible, Romans chapter 3, brings all these men and women down to the same level – there is no difference between them, whenever or wherever they were born:
- ‘There is none righteous, no, not one’, Romans chapter 3 verse 10
- ‘They are all gone out of the way . . . there is none that doeth good, no, not one’, Romans chapter 3 verse 12
- ‘For all have sinned , and come short of the glory of God’, Romans chapter 3 verse 23
The ONLY MAN, who stands out as UNIQUE (different from all those who have ever lived, before or after Him) is JESUS CHRIST. The Bible records of Him:
- He is ‘holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens’, Hebrews chapter 7 verse 26
- ‘THIS MAN has done nothing wrong’, Luke chapter 23 verse 41
- ‘Certainly this was a righteous Man’, Luke chapter 23 verse 47
- ‘And in Him there is no sin’, 1 John chapter 3 verse 15
- ‘Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth’, 1 Peter chapter 22 verse 22
- ‘(He) was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin’, Hebrews chapter 4 verse 15
These things could never have been said, or written, about any other man; therefore, He is the only One, who is qualified to be our Saviour from the sin that marks us all. It is an encouragement to know that ‘THIS MAN receives sinner and eats with them’, Luke chapter 15 verse 2.
During our meditations this week, we will consider THIS MAN!