THE PEACE OF CHRIST’S MILLENNIAL REIGN
Our final meditation this week leads us into a consideration of the PEACE that will prevail, when Christ, the Prince of Peace, returns to reign on earth.
1. It will be a time of PEACE for all CREATION, Romans chapter 8 verse 21 including the ANIMAL KINGDOM, Isaiah chapter 11 verses 6 & 9.
2. It will be a time of PEACE for ISRAEL – God says of Israel, ‘For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries and bring you into your own land . . . I will cleanse you . . . I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you . . . you shall be My people, and I will be your God . . . and I will make them one nation in the land . . . and one king shall be king over them all’, Ezekiel chapter 36 verses 24-28; chapter 37 verse 22.
3. It will be a time of PEACE FOR ALL MANKIND
- an absence of war & fear, Micah chapter 4 verse 3.
- economic security, Ezekiel chapter 28 verse 26; Isaiah chapter 65 verses 21-22.
- a desire to worship, Zechariah chapter 8 verse 22.
- a population ‘explosion’ – death will be a rarity, Isaiah chapter 65 verse 20.
4. It will be a time of PEACE FOR CHRISTIANS – when Christ returns to reign, all
Christians will appear with Him in glory, Colossians chapter 3 verse 4; indeed, they will reign with Him OVER the earth, Revelation chapter 20 verse 6 and also ON the earth, Revelation chapter 5 verse 10, which suggests that they may well have administrative duties on earth.
I hope our spirits have risen this week as a result of our meditations. Let us rejoice in the fact that God has promised that ‘THINGS WILL GET BETTER’!
Come, Lord Jesus, come!