Like most people in the UK, over the age of 70, I have received my first dose of the covid19 vaccine. However, visiting a vaccination centre ONCE is not enough and I have been contacted this week about my SECOND dose of the vaccine, which will, hopefully, ensure full protection.
Nevertheless, I have been contemplating today how the Bible assures me that complete protection for me from the deadly impact of sin and Satan’s power required God, in Christ, to act ONCE on my behalf. I invite you to consider these statements that have brought me fresh encouragement, as I have meditated on them today:
• ‘For Christ also suffered ONCE for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God’, 1 Peter chapter 2 verse 10.
• ‘So Christ was offered ONCE to bear the sins of many’, Hebrews chapter 9 verse 28.
• ‘But now, ONCE at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself’, Hebrews chapter 9 verse 26.
• ‘with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place ONCE for all, having obtained eternal redemption for us’, Hebrews chapter 9 verse 12.
• ‘For the death that He died, He died to sin ONCE for all’, Romans chapter 6 verse 10.
A hymn writer expressed it like this:
Done is the work that saves! ONCE and for ever done.
Finished the righteousness that clothes the unrighteous one.
The love that blesses us below is flowing freely to us now.
I trusted the Jesus as my Saviour at 15 years of age – on that day, His ‘ONCE AND FOR ALL’ death for my sin on the cross, saved me for eternity! What about you?
For more information, please contact us. We will gladly send you a Bible and other helpful literature. We will pray for you. Come back again for another Message of Hope.