- Love suffers long and is kind;
- Love does not envy;
- Love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
- Love does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
- Love does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
- Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
- Love never fails.
After all yesterday promised, many have been disappointed in love. Despite the best of good intentions, human love fails to be constant, patient, forgiving. But not God’s love. Not the Saviour’s love.
The verses at the start of our message are found in the Bible, in I Corinthians chapter 13 verse 4-8 and speak of the unchanging love of God and Christ. This love is not for one day a year, does not need prompting; it is a changeless love that plans only good for you.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John chapter 3 verse 16.
Remember: God loves You. Happy Monday.